Assuming the roles of investment fiduciary of your company’s retirement plan is a substantial responsibility. The investment landscape is crowded, leaving you to wonder if the funds you’ve selected are the best fit for your plan participants. HTLF Retirement Plan Services can help by acting as a Discretionary Trustee of your retirement plan investment lineup, thereby reducing required investment duties, operational risk, administrative needs, and potentially significant liability. Our open architecture approach offers your plan a powerful combination of mutual funds, CITs and ETFs as investment options. Our fees are fully transparent, and we offer a disciplined fiduciary process for fund selection. Additionally, we can include Target Date Retirement Funds, professionally managed asset allocation models, and Self-Directed Brokerage Accounts for certain retirement plans.
When reviewing your current investment options, ask yourself the following questions:
- Who is responsible for the investment decisions in your plan?
- What is the process for investment decision-making? Is it well-documented?
- Who creates, monitors, and ensures compliance with your plan's Investment Policy Statement?
- Is your plan free from conflict of interest in investment selection? For instance, does your plan menu include several or mostly proprietary funds from your plan provider?
- Does your plan include outdated fund share classes that increase your liability and potentially increase the fees paid by your participants? If so, why are the funds still in the investment menu?
- How is your provider being paid for their investment recommendations?